The Basement is a secret feature of Geometry Dash and (with limited function) Geometry Dash World, being introduced in Update 2.1. It is located through a door in the lower right corner of the Vault of Secrets, requiring that the secret level The Challenge be completed to access it.
The Basement is a dark room containing a locked cell, an illuminating torch on the left and a skull and chain in the foreground. Initially, there is a chest in the lower right corner which contains a reward. After selecting the back button during the first visit, a pair of glowing green eyes will appear and a creature inside - unnamed but elsewhere referred to by the Keymaster as the Demon Guardian - will exchange dialogue before a series of locks appear to the right of the cell. Selecting each lock will provide instructions on how to acquire its respective key, triggering the associated location.
- The blue key is rewarded for completing the Chaos Gauntlet, which now appears on the gauntlet menu.
- The green key is found in the first large chest in the Treasure Room, which requires 50 chests to be opened. It is the only key available in Geometry Dash World.
- The orange key is found in the chest in the Chamber of Time, which can now be discovered.
Selecting each lock after possessing its respective key will remove it. After all three locks have been removed, the bars will descend from the cell, freeing the Demon Guardian, revealed to be green with shoulders, large horns and a toothy smile. It exchanges dialogue before disappearing in a flash of light, leaving in its place a large chest with rewards, including a purple key which is used to unlock the Demon Gauntlet. Selecting the chest summons the Keymaster, who exchanges additional dialogue, before the chest can be opened. After doing so, no further actions can be taken within the Basement.
Demon Guardian dialogue
- [Demon Guardian appears]
- Well, well, well. What do we have here?
- You look like someone who is interested in a deal...
- Help me get out of here, and I will make it worth your while.
- See those locks over there? You need to unlock them.
- [locks appear]
- RubRub locked me in here, for no reason.
- He said there would be chicken.
- There was no chicken...
- I cannot stay here any longer. You must find a way to release me.
After selecting the blue lock without its key:
- The first key is hidden in a secret gauntlet...
- Only a chosen few can find it, but I will grant you this gift...
- Complete the Chaos Gauntlet, and the key will be yours...
After selecting the green lock without its key:
- They tried to hide it from me, but I have my spies.
- The second key is locked away in a secret chest.
- Unlock 50 secret chests to claim the key.
After selecting the orange lock without its key:
- The third key is hidden well. Even I have not been able to find it.
- I suspect it is guarded by The Gatekeeper. RubRub's trusted pet....
- To claim the key you must fool him. I do not know how.
- You will find The Gatekeeper at the end of the world.
- Touch the ground beneath the promise, and the door will be revealed.
After selecting the blue or orange lock in Geometry Dash World:
- You cannot open that lock in Geometry Dash World, yet.
After selecting a lock with the first key:
- The key, you found it?
- Excellent, only two locks left.
After selecting a lock with the second key:
- You found a second key, impressive...
- Only one lock left.
After selecting a lock with the final key, releasing the Demon Guardian:
- [bars lower]
- I... I am free...
- So many years lost. Locked away in that filthy cage...
- Now that I have my freedom, I must continue where I left off.
- [the Demon Guardian is revealed]
- RubRub told me he was cooking some chicken. Then he locked me in.
- Now that you have freed me, I can continue my master plan.
- DESTROY the world of Geometry Dash! And I couldn't have done it without you [player's username].
- But I almost forgot, I left you a small gift. As a token of my appreciation.
- You should prepare yourself for when I return.
- You will need it...
- [screen flashes and the Demon Guardian disappears, replaced by a chest]
After selecting the chest, the Keymaster responds:
- Hey I heard some noi...
- Wait... Is the gate...
- ... You opened the gate...
- YOU OPENED THE GATE! GAH THIS IS BAD.
- BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD...
- I keep that door locked. RubRub's orders.
- I've only been down there once, its pretty creepy.
- Just forget about it.
- Some things are best left alone
- Even I don't want to go down there
- Off. Limits.
- Does the word locked mean nothing to you?
- Sorry, I can't let you in.
- Its to dangerous, just stay here. [sic]
- Leave that alone...
- That area is off limits.
After completing The Challenge, the following message will be received from the Keymaster.
- My level... You beat it?
- I guess I underestimated you. It will not happen again.
- ... Why are you still here?
- Ah of course, you want a prize.
- RubRub always gives prizes.
- Uhm... Not sure what to...
- Oh I know!
- I left an old chest down in the basement.
- You can have that as a reward!
- Take the door on the right, I will open it for you.
- Grab the chest and come back... DONT TOUCH ANYTHING! [sic]