Press Start introduces numerous features from the main game, such as the Cube, Ship, Ball and Robot game-mode forms. In addition, it features jump pads, jump rings, gravity portals, speed portals, teleportation portals, monsters, and moving obstacles. This level introduces for the first time the brand new camera features that are set to be added in Update 2.2 which are the: camera zoom in/out, camera offset, and static camera. It also introduces the "reversed" game-play option in which the player goes backwards. The level contains a pixelated skull, serving as the "boss" of the level until the end.
- The first secret coin is located at 68% and collected as the ship. Go through fake slopes marked by the absence of spikes on the slopes to enter a gap in which the coin is located.
- The second coin is located at 74% and collected as the cube. In the first static camera part, after the second change-direction jump ring, skip the third on-screen ring. Fall down to the platform beneath and jump immediately to unlock the coin path.
- The third coin is located at 92% and collected as the ship. Dodge the second laser from the skull by going up near the ceiling to get the coin.
- If the player dies at the jump rings around 20%, a message saying "Tap!" will pop up, giving instructions to the new players to tap the rings.
- Similarly, if the player dies at the first part of the robot, the message "Hold" will pop up.
- If the player jumps in the "Continue?" the player will skip the jump pad, and crash into the wall.
- Press Start takes 97 seconds to complete and requires a minimum of 77 jumps.