Press Start reintroduces numerous features from the main game, most notably the cube, ship, ball and robot forms— also appearing are transporters, such as jump pads and rings; gravity, speed, and teleportation portals; and moving objects, both for gameplay and effect. In addition, Press Start also introduces brand new features that will be available in Update 2.2. These include the all-new camera controls such as zoom (in and out), camera offset, and a static camera, as well the "reversed" option for certain transporters which, upon input, will reverse the player’s direction of travel. The level also contains a pixelated skull, serving as the "boss" for most of the level.
- The first secret coin is located at 68% and collected as the ship. Fake slopes marked by the absence of spikes on the slopes will allow the player to enter a gap in which the coin is located.
- The second coin is located at 74% and collected as the cube. In the first static camera part, the third jump ring can be missed, causing the player to fall down to the platform beneath and reveal the coin path.
- The third coin is located at 92% and collected as the ship. The second laser from the skull can be avoided by going up near the ceiling, allowing the player to get the coin.
- If the player dies at the jump rings around 20%, a message saying "Tap!" will pop up, giving instructions to the new players to tap the rings.
- Similarly, if the player dies at the first part of the robot, the message "Hold" will pop up.
- If the player jumps in the "Continue?" the player will skip the jump pad, and crash into the wall.
- Press Start takes 97 seconds to complete and requires a minimum of 77 jumps.