Update 2.2 is the 12th major update of Geometry Dash with no set release date.
Geometry Dash Lite Introductions
On 21 December 2017, Geometry Dash Lite was updated to 2.2 with the following:
- New level "Electroman Adventures"!
- Bugfixes and tweaks
- Removed "record" button from pause menu
- As of 16 March, 2020, Update 2.2 has had the longest wait of any Geometry Dash update, at 3 years and 2 months, or 2 years and 4 months if Updates 2.1 and 2.11 are considered separate.
- As of 29 January 2019, the Geometry Dash community has waited longer from 2.1 to 2.2 than from 1.0 to 2.0. If the update is not released by 22 June 2020, this will include the waiting time for 2.1, meaning that 2.2 will have taken longer than every previous update combined, or more than half the game's entire lifespan.
- Update 2.2 is currently the update with the most previews and sneak peeks.
- Update 2.2 was originally going to be a small update, but RobTop stated that "the update grew bigger as time went on".
- Update 2.11 was originally meant to be a small "pre-update", but has been the latest update for over two years.
- There have been hacked APKs created by SMJS of Geometry Dash World, Geometry Dash SubZero, Geometry Dash Meltdown, and Geometry Dash Lite that allow usage of new 2.2 features.
- In these hacked versions, the camera triggers such as Static Camera are confirmed, as well as comfirming that there is no object limit in 2.2.
- RobTop started to reveal plans for 2.2 before 2.1 was even released, teasing the new camera controls.
- Update 2.2 will be the fourth consecutive update to feature a new gamemode.
- Update 2.2 will be the update with the most new content, as expected.
- As of April 1st, 2020, RobTop has revealed previews of 19 new icons and 1 new ball.
Retrieved from "https://geometry-dash.fandom.com/wiki/Update_2.2?oldid=461732"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.